The holiday anticipation can be a cloudy experience when we are grieving. This year, it is compounded by the restrictions associated with the pandemic. Many people experiencing the loss of a loved one during this trying time, struggle with finding any joy in the midst of the storm raging around us.
We, at Family Comfort Hospice, want to encourage you to be intentional in finding ways to put some joy into your holiday season. To coincide with the 12 Days of Christmas, here is our list of ways to encourage you in being intentional in finding that joy!
- Write a note to one friends, wishing them a Merry Christmas
- Make one phone call to a friend or family member asking them about their day
- Notice the beauty of the sunset today
- Take a short walk, breathe in fresh air, listen to the sounds around you, feel the warmth of the sun.
- Bake a pan of cookies and give them away
- Decide on a new holiday tradition that will keep your lost loved one close each holiday season
- Accept an invitation
- Look in the mirror today and smile
- Get a card for your loved one and write them a message remembering them this season
- Donate a gift to a holiday gift charity
- Watch a holiday heart-warming movie
- Dress up on Christmas Day